Gasketed plate heat exchangers (called Plate and Frame Heat Exchangers) use high quality, pecision gaskets that are designed to seal alternating patterns of thin plates plates together which allow the heating and cooling fluids to pass each other in a counterflow configuration. The plates can easily be removed for cleaning or replacing purposes, dramatically reducing maintenance costs. Plates can also be added to increase thermal performance or reduce pressure drop.
Plate and Frame Heat Exchangers can have large amounts of effective heat transfer surface in area in a small footprint. It is not uncommon that a Plate and frame Heat Exchanger will have the same thermal capacity as a Shell and Tube heat exchanger five times larger. With high heat transfer rates and true counter current flow, Plate and frame Heat Exchangers economically handle close temperature approach requirements. (Click here for more information on approach temperatures)
|Painted Carbon Steel, or 304 Stainless Steel||Stainless: 304, 304L, 316 and 316L Stainless||Titanium, Titanium-Palladium, SMO-254, Incoloy 825, Nickel, Hastelloy, Monel, Inconel, Tantalum||Nitrile, EPDM, Viton, Compressed Fiber, Teflon (Glued or Clip-on designs)||FPT, MPT, Studded, Flanged, Tri-Clamp, others||0.5 GPM to 8800 GPM||ASME, CRN|
- Highest quality gaskets precisely fit the plate grooves for positive sealing and ease of maintenance
- Superior clip-on gasket design ensures proper fit during closing of the unit.
- Double sealing design prevents the possibility of mixing the two process fluids.
- Leak detect feature ensures any leakage is to the atmosphere.
- Zinc coated hardware provides long life.
- All plate pack tightening is done from the fixed pressure plate to eliminate any stud interference.
- All bolted construction for easier service.
- Low volumetric fluid hold-up provides quicker response to heating and cooling demands, while reducing costs for more expensive process fluids.
- Readily expanded for greater capacities, or totally new applications.
- Plate and Frame Exchangers are available in a variety of plate sizes for industrial, HVAC or sanitary applications