Sanitary heat exchangers are often required in the food and pharmaceutical industries. Constructed similarly to typical heat exchangers, sanitary exchangers can have special design requirements such as;
- Seal welded of joints
- Polished surfaces
- Sanitary tri-clamp fittings
- Teflon©, Gylon Fawn, Viton© or other special gasket materials
- Manufactured to 3a Standards and Stamped
- Clean in place design
Sanitary construction Plate Heat Exchangers
API Heat Transfer’s line of Schmidt stainless steel Plate Heat Exchangers combine compactness, high thermal efficiency, low volumetric product hold-up inside the unit, and ease of inspection with the requirements for sanitary installations. Corrugated plates are available in 316 stainless steel, or exotic materials as required for long life. API’s SIGMA Plate & Frame Heat Exchangers come in a wide variety of plate configurations and frame designs to suit processors applications and budget. Various thermal plates are available for particulate-free low viscosity homogeneous fluids, medium viscosity liquids with fine suspended solids, high viscosity liquid foods, and those with higher concentrations of large suspended fibers.
Proper thermal treatment of liquid food products is essential to human safety; acceptable shelf-life; maintaining attractive taste, natural colour and fresh aroma; and even cost effective transportation.
With our Schmidt brand of Plate Heat Exchangers and complete Thermal Process Systems, API Heat Transfer has over a century of experience providing innovative solutions to the; Pharmaceutical , Liquid Food, Beverage, Brewery and Dairy industries.
Click here for more information on Plate Heat Exchangers
Sanitary construction Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers
NOW available in 1.4435 Stainless Steel
- 316 stainless steel, 1.4435 SS, Hastelloy ®, Inconel® and other materials.
- Nickel brazed (no welds).
- Double tubesheets to prevent cross-circuit contamination.
- Seal welded tubes to prevent leakage and insure against bacterial growth.
- The tube side is completely drainable.
- Teflon©, Gylon Fawn, Viton© or other special gasket materials.
- Available in U-tube or straight tube, fixed tube sheet designs.
- ASME BPE sanitary fittings.
- ASME BPE compliant.
Click here for more information on Sanitary construction Shell and Tube Exchangers
Tube-in-Tube Heat Exchangers
- 316L SS, Hastelloy, Inconel & other alloys
- All welded construction
- Product contact surfaces < 20 μin (0.5 μm) Ra
- Electropolish available to < 15 μin (0.4 μm) Ra
- ASME BPE Sanitary fittings
- Highly resistant to thermal stress
- Integrated threaded holes for mounting
- Fully drainable on tube side
- Material & process certifications included
- High temp, high pressure, low-flow
- Multi-phase fluids & slurries
- Water for injection (WFI)
- High thermal stress
- Steam condensing
- Seal cooling
PUREX WFI/PW DISPENSING SYSTEM
PUREX Point-Of-Use systems dispense instant, temperature controlled WFI or PW, and are designed to meet the high quality requirements and hygienic standards of the pharmaceutical industry. When not in use, a continuous flow of hot water (from the main loop) maintains sanitization. Exergy offers standard and custom models using our compact, high performance heat exchangers for the most demanding conditions. Many features and options can be customized.
- Instant cold or hot WFI or PW availability at POU
- Continuous flow of hot water keeps it sanitized at all times
- Automated or manual operation
- PLC with touch screen HMI with many operating modes
- Fully drainable on product side, with no dead legs
- Easy to install, operate and maintain
- CIP and SIP capable
- 304 SS enclosed locking cabinet
- Sanitary double tube sheet heat exchanger eliminates risk of cross contamination between product and working fluid
- All product contact surfaces are passivated, less than 20 Ra and electropolish available
- Full quality documentation provided
- ASME BPE Compliant
- CE & UL available
- Cool WFI/PW from 80-85°C to 20-40°C
- Water For Injection (WFI) systems
- Purified Water (PW) systems
- Economy: 0.5 usgpm to 5 usgpm (115 to 1100 LPH)
- Advanced: 0.5 usgpm to 15 usgpm (115 to 3400 LPH)
- Custom: 0.5 usgpm to 25 usgpm (115 to 5700 LPH)
Wash Down Coils
Designed with consideration for the cleaning solution, access to the fins for cleaning and ease of expelling contaminates. All Stainless Steel construction.
- Steam Coils
- Dryer Coils
- Cooling Coils
- Finned tube
- Bare tube
- Cleanable Tubes
Click here for more information on Steam Coils
Click here for more information on Cooling Coils
API Heat Transfer designs and manufactures a wide variety of equipment including component heat exchangers to fully automated thermal systems specifically suited to for the Pharmaceutical, Food, Beverage and Brewery Markets.
- SIGMASTAR Rising Film Evaporator system
- Dealcoholization Plants
- Sterilization Plants
- Desulphurization Plants
- Dearation Systems
- Reconstitution Plants
Click here For More Information on API’s Heat Transfer Systems for the Food Industry
API Schmidt-Bretten has a pilot evaporation system available for testing either at API’s facility or at your location. This manual system is capable of doing almost any product concentration and is extremely versatile.