Sanitary heat exchangers are often required in the food and pharmaceutical industries. Constructed similarly to typical heat exchangers, sanitary exchangers can have special design requirements such as;
- Seal welded of joints
- Polished surfaces
- Sanitary tri-clamp fittings
- Teflon©, Gylon Fawn, Viton© or other special gasket materials
- Manufactured to 3a Standards and Stamped
- Clean in place design
NOW available in 1.4435 Stainless Steel
- 316 stainless steel, 1.4435 SS, Hastelloy ®, Inconel® and other materials.
- Nickel brazed (no welds).
- Channels composed of a pass ring and cover.
- Tube side nozzles are located axially in the cover. A 90° top connection elbow facilitates piping.
- Tube side nozzles are sanitary tri-clamp fittings.
- Double tubesheets to prevent cross-circuit contamination.
- Seal welded tubes to prevent leakage and insure against bacterial growth.
- The tube side is completely drainable.
- All product contact surfaces have a maximum surface finish of 20µin Ra.
- Surface finish can be improved to 15 µin Ra with optional electropolishing.
- Teflon©, Gylon Fawn, Viton© or other special gasket materials.
- Available in U-tube or straight tube, fixed tube sheet designs.
- 3a Standards Stamp can be supplied.
- Clean in place (CIP) design.
- ASME BPE sanitary fittings.
- ASME BPE compliant.
Click here for more information on Exergy Sanitary Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers
Tube-in-Tube Heat Exchangers
- 316L SS, Hastelloy, Inconel & other alloys
- All welded construction
- Product contact surfaces < 20 μin (0.5 μm) Ra
- Electropolish available to < 15 μin (0.4 μm) Ra
- ASME BPE Sanitary fittings
- Highly resistant to thermal stress
- Integrated threaded holes for mounting
- Fully drainable on tube side
- Material & process certifications included
- High temp, high pressure, low-flow
- Multi-phase fluids & slurries
- Water for injection (WFI)
- High thermal stress
- Steam condensing
- Seal cooling
PUREX WFI/PW DISPENSING SYSTEM
PUREX Point-Of-Use systems dispense instant, temperature controlled WFI or PW, and are designed to meet the high quality requirements and hygienic standards of the pharmaceutical industry. When not in use, a continuous flow of hot water (from the main loop) maintains sanitization. Exergy offers standard and custom models using our compact, high performance heat exchangers for the most demanding conditions. Many features and options can be customized.
- Instant cold or hot WFI or PW availability at POU
- Continuous flow of hot water keeps it sanitized at all times
- Automated or manual operation
- PLC with touch screen HMI with many operating modes
- Fully drainable on product side, with no dead legs
- Easy to install, operate and maintain
- CIP and SIP capable
- 304 SS enclosed locking cabinet
- Sanitary double tube sheet heat exchanger eliminates risk of cross contamination between product and working fluid
- All product contact surfaces are passivated, less than 20 Ra and electropolish available
- Full quality documentation provided
- ASME BPE Compliant
- CE & UL available
- Cool WFI/PW from 80-85°C to 20-40°C
- Water For Injection (WFI) systems
- Purified Water (PW) systems
- Economy: 0.5 usgpm to 5 usgpm (115 to 1100 LPH)
- Advanced: 0.5 usgpm to 15 usgpm (115 to 3400 LPH)
- Custom: 0.5 usgpm to 25 usgpm (115 to 5700 LPH)