Typically Tank Heaters fall into two categories; tubular (which utilizes a fluid inside a tube to heat the tank contents), or electric (typically used in smaller tanks). Tank heaters can also be classified as immersion type which sit in the tank and are in contact with the fluid, clamp on type which are external to the tank or suction type that only heat the fluid as it is being removed from the tank. Delta T can offer all these types of tank heaters.
We can supply;
- Vertical Tank Heaters
- Horizontal Tank Heaters
- Manway Heaters / Bayonet Heaters
- Suction Heaters / Line Heaters
- Portable (drums, tank cars, trucks)
- Over the side heaters
- Band Heaters and Drum heaters
- Clamp-On Plates
To thermally size a tank heater we require the following information;
- Dimensions and shape of the tank.
- Material and thickness of the tank.
- Volume of fluid inside the tank.
- Is the tank open or closed?
- Is the tank agitated?
- Access for installation.
- Is the tank insulated? If so type and thickness.
- Fluid inside the tank and, if a special fluid, the fluid properties.
- Ambient temperature around the tank.
- Desired temperature of the fluid being heated.
- Is this a batch process? If so, starting temperature and desired time to reach target temperature.
- Heating fluid. (if electric heater, voltage, and phase of power supply)
For More Detailed Information on Tank Heaters click here